DS18’s Drivers are known for reaching EXTREME volumes without sacrificing on their efficiency and sensitivity! The D225PY
takes these values to their MAX through the integration of a 2.5” Polyimide Voice Coil!
Polyimide Voice Coils allow your speakers to maintain higher levels of power without the fear of distortion and overheating. Powered by a ferrite motor, you can expect the D225PY to reach ear piercing high range frequencies.
The D225PY driver handles 180W of AES and 720W of Peak Power making this driver an amazing addition to any system that needs super loud highs with no compromises!
- Neodymium motor structure that provides the most motor force of any other driver motor on the market.
- Intense high frequency loudness without sacrificing sound quality.
- Compatible with all DS18 4 bolt throats giving a huge variety of mounting depths
- Throat Diameter: 2" / 50.8mm
- Installation Type: Bolt-On
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm
- AES Power handling: 180W
- Program Power Handling: 360W
- Peak Power handling: 720W
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 118dB
- Frequency Response: 630Hz-16KHz
- Recommended Hi Pass Crossover: 800Hz
- Voice Coil Diameter: 2.5" / 63.5mm
- Voice Coil Former Material: Kapton
- Winding Material: CCA
- Diaphragm Material: Polyimide
- Magnet Material: Ferrite
- Magnet Weight: 56 Oz
- Overall Diameter: 5.75" / 146mm
- Overall Depth: 2.82" / 71.7mm
- Bolt Pattern/Type: 4-M6 / 4" / 101.6mm